Hands-on Project/Program Leader / SCM Architec Configuration Management Specialist
Oversee, design, and provide solutions for implementation of configuration management, process creation and control, Software Quality Assurance Architecture/Framework, and to enhance the overall quality of software configuration and release control at the project, product, organization or enterprise level
- Superior record of steady career progression over 20 years working directly with some of the top IT consulting firms (EDS, Capgemini, and CSC) while serving some of the largest and global clients (US Treasury, Fannie Mae, Census Bureau, Gulfstream Aerospace, Ford, GM, and GMAC).
- Proficient in working with multiple stake holders, multiple vendors, project resources, reporting to sr. management, gathering requirements, documentation, design, and presenting ideas for review/approval.
- Proven ability to implement organizational change and manage enterprise SCM projects working with multiple teams and geographic locations.
- Experience includes management of IT and SCM projects.
- Work Ethics - Reliable, persistent, and hard working to ensure project success. Take pride in designing and implementing SCM solutions. Passionate about implementing the best practical solutions to meet the organizational goals while providing the highest ROI. Always in-tuned in paying attention to the client, promptly acting upon the direction from the senior management, and in building lasting relationships with co-workers and project teams.
- SDLC - Practical experience and in-depth knowledge of SDLC gained while supporting multiple software development projects for multiple clients in various roles (QA, Software Programmer, Technical Leadership, Management, SCM Solution Design and Implementation). Hands-on experience in Architecting, Designing, Developing data driven applications using C/C++ and Java programming languages.
- SCM - Over 11 years of experience in designing and implementing SCM Solutions. Assessing as-is environments and implementing practical solutions to meet organizational needs. Expert knowledge of Source Code Control, Branching, SW Integration, Baselines, CM Audits, Change, Defect, Build, Release, and Configuration Management practice. Hands-on experience with ClearCase, ClearQuest, PVCS, VM, Dimensions, SVN, CVS, Remedy, Mercury, and additional SCM tools.
- Best Practices - Experienced in Implementing SCM Solutions while utilizing SDLC, CMMi, ITIL, ISO900, SEI, and IEEE best practices.
- QA - Over 5 years of hands-on experience working as a Quality Control Analyst. Developed test plans and test cases for C/C++, and Java applications running on Windows, UNIX, and Mainframe environments. Utilized testing tools for debugging and generation of Metrics.
- Databases - Thorough knowledge of relational databases, architecture, SQL, PL/SQL, schemas and hands-on experience in working with Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, Ingress, and Access database.
- OS/Platforms - Extensive experience with all major UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, IRIX, AIX), Linux, and Windows Platforms (NT, 2000/2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7), including some experience with Mainframe.
- Automation tools- Proficient in design, development, and implementation of SCM automation tools and scripts within SDLC and Agile environments.
|OS||NT, Windows 2000/2003, XP, Unix (Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX), Linux (RedHat), MF|
|Version Control||CVS, Subversion (SVN), ClearCase, PVCS, VM, Dimensions, Harvest|
|Build & Integration||make, ant, build forge|
|App/Web Servers||IIS, Apache, IBM Websphere|
|Languages & Scripting||C, C++, Java/J2EE, VB, SQL, .NET, Ant, UNIX Shell (bsh/ksh/csh/tcsh), Perl, Python|
|Defect Tracking Tools||ClearQuest, Team Track, Remedy, Mercury|
|Database||Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MS SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL|
|Methodologies||SDLC, RAD, Agile, Scrum, RUP, Waterfall|
|Best Practices||ITIL, CMMI Level 5, ISO9000, SEI, IEEE|
|Miscellaneous Tools||Visio, MS Office Suite, MS Project, Clarity, Business Objects, Micro Strategy|
CERTIFICATION & TRAINING
- Borland Requirements Management Essential Training (2003)
- Project Management Training by Keane Consulting Inc. (2002)
- Systems Engineering & Systems Analyst Training by EDS (1996 - 1998
- Oracle & PL/SQL Training by Oracle (2002)
- Java Object Oriented Programming Training by Sun Microsystem (2001)
- SAP Document Management Training by SAP (2001)
- ClearCase Training by Rational (2001)
- Dale Carnegie Relationship Management Training by Dale Carnegie Institute (1991)
- CMMi Training (level 3 - 5 environments) provided by EDS and Keane Inc. (1996 - 2003)
Enterprise SCM Architect (08/10 - 10/10)
Independent Contractor Client - Fannie Mae, Herndon, VA
- Note that his assignment was shortened due to unexpected budget cuts. Will provide excellent internal references from Fannie Mae.
- Worked as an Enterprise SCM Architect and Process Lead. Was responsible of Process Engineering and Operational Support as listed below.
- PROCESS ENGINEERING: Establish, document, and sustain standardized change management processes specific to business requirements, application defects, and application enhancements. Train, facilitate implementation, and standardized these processes across Fannie Mae enterprise.
- LIASON and COORDINATION SUPPORT: Based on defined requirements, create / manage change requests. Schedule the change based on project goals i.e. emergency fix, risk minimization, or resources. Monitor approval of the requests and facilitate as needed. Shakeout or test changes prior to turnover.
- OPERATIONAL SUPPORT: Perform tool administration for Rational RequisitePro, ClearQuest and ClearCase. Analyze and provide problem resolution on technical issues. Identify potential improvements to increase the reliability, availability, support, and performance of the applications and infrastructure. Interface with developers, test users; communicate with technical, management, and external teams to identify and resolve problems.
- ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS: Investigate problems to determine their root cause, including conducting research, interviews, and evidence gathering; and writing reports of findings, conclusions, and recommendations for subsequent actions.
- COLLABORATION: Collaborate with Quality and Process Management architects to develop, maintain and improve process automation, monitoring, and reporting tools. Collaborate with application and infrastructure architects and developers to maintain and improve the overall performance, reliability, scalability, supportability of the application and infrastructure.
Lead SCM Specialist (03/10 - 08/10)
ICS, Client - Department of Commerce (Census Bureau), Suitland, MD
- Joined ICS at the peak of 2010 Census to evaluate and streamline SCM processes.
- Accessed existing processes to eliminate inefficiencies and non-compliance. Provided recommendations and implemented solutions to enhance and streamline SCM processes.
- Designed and Implemented defect tracking process utilizing existing licenses of HP Mercury.
- Automated and streamlinedbuild process with SVN and ANT. Implemented Agile Continuous Integration process to automate daily builds, releases, and deployments. Kept 100+ resources (Developers, DBS, Testers, and Operational Support personal) informed regarding the build, release and deployment schedules.
- Enhanced processes for making (DDL, DML, and DCL) changes to Oracle (test, beta, and production) databases.
- Implemented scripts to perform smoke test after each deployment.
- Chaired and facilitated the daily Architectural Review Board (ARB) and Change Control Board (CCB) meetings.
- Responded to audit requests and worked with the auditors to ensure compliance.
- Implemented scripts to continually monitor QA, BETA, PRF, and PROD environments.
- Implemented scripts to send alerts in the event of performance degradation or failure.
- Provided SCM support and training for new resources joining the team.
- Implemented application versioning scheme.
Sr. SCM Architect/Process Lead (07/09 - 03/10)
AlonInc, Client - US Treasury (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency), Washington, DC
- Worked as a SCM Enterprise Process Architect and Process Lead. Responsible of reviewing, designing, enhancing, and controlling SCM processes at the enterprise level.
- Responsible of communicating, documenting, and implementing CM policies.
- Responsible of evaluating existing SCM process and tools, working with the SCM tool vendors and suppliers to evaluate SCM tools and to determine the best fit, provided recommendations to streamline SCM processes at enterprise level to reduce service disruptions and downtime for the user base consisting of 4000+ user.
- Responsible of providing recommending and designing new processes, presenting new ideas to the sr. management, receiving authorizations to implement, enhancing existing processes, updating SCM plans, procedures, flowcharts, and documents.
- Provided training to the user base in using new tools and processes (PMs, SW Developers, DBAs, and IT Operational Support Personal).
- Provided a complete set of requirements to implement a new defect tracking system using ClearQuest. This has been designed, developed, implemented, and currently being used at the OCC as an enterprise defect management system.
- Provided requirements and recommendations for implementing CMDB.
- Implemented processes for conducting SCM audits within the OCC environment.
- Implemented versioning scheme for major, minor, and emergency releases.
- Implemented requirements for back-out procedures.
- Participated in CCBs, assessed risk for various implementation plans, participated in release schedule meeting, reviewed communication and deployment plans, and provided weekly release readiness status to the sr. management.
- Implemented processes surrounding the use of CM tools (ClearCase, VM, PVCS) in branching, merging, promoting code through various lifecycle stages (development, testing, and production), locking source code, and creating baselines.
Sr. Software Configuration, Change, and Release Manager (06/08 - 05/09)
Independent Consulting, Client - Intelizign, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Designed and implemented an end-to-end Configuration Management Plan for 80+ member team with a highly automated build and deploy process on UNIX platforms.
- Implemented branching scheme for parallel development, merging, and code integration.
- Implemented a web based defect tracking system accessible 24x7 in the United States and India.
- Performed daily configuration, change, build, and deployment activities.
- Chaired and facilitated CCB meetings.
- Managed test, beta, and production environments.
SCM Architect and Process Lead (10/06 - 06/08)Capgemini, Client - General Motors, Southfield, MI
- Worked as an Architect and Process Lead responsible of overseeing the SCM activities for two separate teams (software development, software maintenance/support) consisting of over 350 resources located in four geographical regions (Michigan, Chicago, Canada, and India).
- Gathered corporate requirements from the project office, and project requirements from the stake holders to conduct initial assessment.
- Manage a geographically dispersed release management team consisting of nine CMs.
- Planned, defined, received approvals, and implemented the following CM processes and tools in support of GM initiatives at the Capgemini development center.
- SW Development Process based on SDLC along with a fully automated integration, build, and deployment process to (test, beta, performance, and production) environments.
- Configuration Management Process utilizing SVN and VM
- Sharing of test and development environments by the development, QA, and the support team.
- Implemented processes and created plans to consolidate code into a single repository for over 150 applications. The source code was initially scattered over at multiple vendor sites in various geographical locations. Identified and worked with the SCM Leads for each of the applications to track, transfer, and integrate code into a single repository.
- Provided SCM training to create awarenessand to insure compliance with the SCM policies and procedures.
- Participated in CCBsand release planning meetings.
- Conducted SCM audits on high visibility projects to verify compliance. Provided audit reports to the stake holders.
Capgemini, Client - MDS Pharmaceuticals, Dallas, Tx
- Implemented a complete IT Asset Management solution for MDS Pharmaceuticals based on CMDB within an ITIL and FDA regulated environment.
- The complete solution was implemented in three phases.
- Requirements gathering (detailed information on CIs and attributes to be captured, maintained over its lifespan, and retired).
- Architecture, design, and implementation of CMDB and auto-discovery tools.
- Implementation of tools, training, and work methods to analyze and reconcile the differences between the CMDB and the data collected by the auto-discovery tools. Implementation also included CMDB Audit Plan, Physical Inventory Audits Plan, Missing Data Work Instructions (WI), Data Normalization WI, Processing Duplicate CIs, setting up templates along with the routing and approval process to capture approvals prior to adding new CIs and making changes to existing CIs, and more.
- This project was administered and managed from the Capgemini Data Center located in Dallas.
- The project was implemented at an enterprise level and comprised of over 6000 CIs located at multiple facilities in Canada.
Software Development Manager (11/05 - 10/06) CSC, Client - GD Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, Savannah, GA
- Worked as a SW Development Manager managing multiple projects within the VIPER portfolio of Client/Server and Web based Applications. These applications were developed in .Net using C#, VB, and ASP programming with SQL Server backend.
- Responsible of client interface in managing daily activities, interfacing lead engineers of various engineering disciplines to design, enhance, and re-engineer PLM/PDM process in Enovia/LCA environment.
- Responsibilities included managing a team of BAs, Architects, DBAs, Programmers, Testers, Administrators, and Network Engineers to build, integrate, test, and deploy 3-tier solutions.
- Provided direction to Configuration Managers in streamlining SCM processes, ensuring proper baselines are created and maintained, integrating, and managing source code received from multiple project resources and vendors (IBM, Axiom, Dassault, and Insight) in the Harvest repository.
Software Development Manager (05/04 - 07/05)Keane Consulting Inc., Client - General Motors Acceptance Corp. (GMAC), Southfield, MI
- Managed a development portfolio of PC-Fast/OSCAR applications
- Managed a team of on-shore and near-shore (Canadian team) of technical resources (programmers, analysts, & DBAs).
- Acted as a conduit through which all work request and new requirements were channeled, assigned, monitored, and approved.
- Ensured all PC-Fast source code and artifacts were properly tracked and promoted in the PVCS repository.
- In-charge of ensuring adhering to the CMMi level 5 processes.
- In-charge of ensuring all documents were up-to-date, approved, signed-off, and properly tracked.
- Performed Release Management activities utilizing CVS repository for the OSCAR application.
- OSCAR application was developed in Java/J2EE, on a Websphere platform in a UNIX environment.
- OSCAR application also utilized server clusters for load balancing and failover capabilities. Whereas PC-Fast portfolio contained a set of client/server applications that were developed using VB/VBA with SQL Server backend.
- Administered CVS repository and users on a Linux platform to manage OSCAR source code.
- Wrote step-by-step
deployment instructions for IBM resources that controlled the
production environment. The instructions included:
- Configuration changes to the production environment.
- Deployment of Java/J2EE code on Websphere platform.
- DDL, DML, and DCL changes to the Oracle database.
- Conducted Release Readiness reviews.
- Coordinated nightly deployments requiring Keane, IBM, and HP resources.
Configuration/Release Manager/PDM Metaphase Administrator (03/99 - 05/04) Keane Consulting Inc., Client - Ford Motors, Dearborn, MI
- Worked as a dedicated and people-oriented Metaphase Administrator with a positive attitude.
- Administered Metaphase application on the distributed UNIX platforms.
- Configured, Administered, and Managed R&D, test, integration, and training environments.
- Implemented Metaphase patches, updates, and new releases.
- With every new Metaphase release, identified deprecated APIs in the customized Metaphase code.
- Notified project teams to update customizations by removing deprecated code.
- Worked as a gatekeeper and as a configuration manager in a multi-vendor environment to receive, integrate, manage, and build customized code. Vendors were located at various facilities within the United States, Germany, and India.
- Build and deploy C/C++ and Java code on the UNIX platforms (HP-UX, AIX, and Solaris).
- Streamlined build and deployment process using makefiles, Perl, and UNIX scripts.
- Created cron jobs and wrote Perl, UNIX, and SQL scripts to automate maintenance and monitoring of multiple environments.
- Maintained and updated backend Oracle databases.
- Created scripts to continually monitor and alert on-call support personal when issues were detected.
- Managed ClearCase VOBS, created branches for parallel development, setup standard ClearCase views to integrate and build code.
- Issued and tracked ClearCase branches to the project teams and vendors.
- Created naming and numbering schemes for major, minor, and emergency release.
- Worked with multiple vendors and project teams to diagnose and resolve build issues.
C/C++ Programmer/Configuration Manager (07/95 - 02/99) EDS, Client - General Motors, Warren, MI
- Under the guidance of the Senior Unigraphics development team, designed, enhanced, and customized the Unigraphics code on UNIX platforms (Sun and HP) using C/C++ programming language.
- Customized Unigraphics code for the CAD designers to by automating the manual time consuming tasks.
- Reduced design time for repetitive manual tasks through customization and automation from weeks to hours.
- Participated in and facilitated code reviews. As a facilitator ensured all of the changes identified during the code review are correctly updated and checked-in to the SCM repository.
- Played a key role as a configuration and release manager for this project.
- Implemented proprietary EDS configuration management tools on the UNIX platforms.
- Implemented version numbering scheme.
- Created makefiles to streamline the build process.
- Created UNIX scripts to track, package, and deploy correct versions of the code at various vendor sites. Each vendor had a unique environment which required proper versions to be installed.
- Created UNIX scripts to baseline, package, archive, and extract proper versions from the archives.
- Maintained compliance with the ISO 9000 best practices and requirements.
- Helped the organization and the project team in strictly adhering to CMMi Level 3 guidelines and in achieving CMMi Level 3 certification.
QA/Test Engineer (1989 - 1995) ICI, Client - Ford Motors, Dearborn, MI
- Developed test design and test plan documents for the SBDS Diagnostic System Software.
- Created test cases to test each of the SBDS diagnostic routines.
- Worked with the QA team to identify bugs and log issues.
- Worked with the Software Development team and the Automotive Engineers to resolve the identified issues.
- Capgemini Global
- North America Big 5 Consultants
Anwar-Ul-Uloom College, Hyderabad, India
Pre-Engineering with emphasis on (Math, Physics, and Chemistry), completed (1980 to 1982)
Oakland Community College, Auburn Heights, MI
Automobile Technology Program, completed with GPA 3.8/4.0 (1986 to 1988)
Electronic Data Systems, Southfield, MI
EDS Core IT Systems Engineering Program, completed & ranked top 3% of the class (1996 - 1998)
With emphasis on Software Development, Process Analysis & Design, Relational Databases, and Quality Control
Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI
Mechanical Engineering, fourth year incomplete. (1989 to 1993)
Available upon request