There are many times when we have written custom code to interact with Clearquest databases. Below are links to some of the code we have developed over the years.
At one client, we had written a Clearquest Daemon, a daemon process that maintained a connection to a Clearquest database and serviced requests for information about Clearquest defects.
Other Perl scripts had been developed for a client to merge together two similar, yet different, Clearquest databases into a new combined database. This script, pqamerge does just that. Obviously such conversions and merges are very specific to the customer at hand. Still this script serves to show how to interact with the Clearquest API to perform such actions.
The pqamerge script, while it did perform the merge in general, also had a few side scripts that were useful when performing this merge:
- PQA.pm: Perl Module to hold common routines
- pqamerge: Main script - performs the merge
- pqaclean: Cleans up by removing all records from the destination database as well as removing all Dynamic Lists.
- CheckCodePage.pl: Checks to see if there are any non US ASCII characters in the database fields
- check_attachments: Checks to make sure that the size of the attachments added up after the merge
- listdynlist: Lists Dynamic Lists present in the database
- enable_ldap: Prompts for the data necessary to enable LDAP Authentication in Clearquest and issues the necessary installutil commands to enable LDAP. Reads data from a config file.